1. ISRO’s PSLV-C38, carrying 31 satellites, lifts off from Sriharikota
- The 30 satellites will together weigh 243 kg and the total weight of all the 31 satellites, including Cartosat, is about 955 kg.
- The rocket will sling the satellites into a 505 km polar sun synchronous orbit (SSO).
- The co-passenger satellites comprise 29 nano satellites from 14 countries – Austria, Belgium, Britain, Chile, Czech Republic, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia, and the US as well as one Indian nanosatellite.
- PSLV-C38 was launched from the First Launch Pad of Satish Dhawan Space Centre.
- According to ISRO, the images sent by Cartosat satellite would be useful for cartographic, urban, rural, coastal land use, utility management like road network monitoring, water distribution, creation of land use maps, change detection to bring out geographical and man-made features.
- Chairman of ISRO is A S Kiran Kumar.
- ISRO was founded in 1969 and is headquartered in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- Satish Dhawan Space Centre is located in Sriharikota Andhra Pradesh.
2. Iportant Cabinet Approvals: 22 June 2017
i. The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved following agreements and MoUs in different fields.
- Amendment of the Bilateral Social Security Agreement (SSA) between India and the Netherlands by incorporating the “Country of Residence” Principle into the said SSA.
- MoU between Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation and the Ministry of Infrastructure and the Environment of the Kingdom of the Netherlands for bilateral cooperation in the field of water resources management.
- Constitution of Indian Naval Material Management Service (INMMS) as an Organized Group ‘A’ Engineering Service.
- MoU on cooperation in the textiles, clothing and fashion sectors between India and Australia
- MoU on cooperation in the peaceful uses of outer space between India and Armenia.
- MoU for cooperation in Traditional Systems of Medicine and Homoeopathy between India and Sri Lanka.
3. Uttarakhand 4th and Haryana 5th ODF States in the country
- Sikkim was the first ODF state of the country.
- Swachh Bharat Mission was Launched on 2 October 2014 with the Main Objective To fulfill Mahatma Gandhi’s dream of a clean and hygienic India.
4. Bengaluru firm Mypetrolpump, 1st in India to deliver diesel at home
- Bengaluru is also called as Silicon Valley of India.
- Bannerghatta National Park is situated in Bengaluru.
5. World Bank sanctions 44 million dollars for ASPIRe
- The world Bank Headquarters in Washington, D.C., United States.
- Jim Yong Kim is the President of the World Bank.
6. Major reshuffle in central bureaucracy, Rajiv Gauba named new Home Secretary
- Yudhvir Singh Malik- Secretary, Road Transport, and Highways.
- Subhash C. Garg- Secretary of Economic Affairs.
- Aruna Sundarajan- Telecommunications Secretary.
- Avinash K. Srivastava- Consumer Affairs Secretary
- Rajiv Kapoor- Secretary, Chemicals and Petrochemicals.
- Sanjeevanee Kutty- Secretary, Ex-Servicemen Welfare in the Defence Ministry.
- Ajay Kumar Bhalla- Power Secretary.
7. Union Government launches VAJRA scheme to attract Indian scientists abroad
- Union Minister of Science and Technology is Mr. Harsh Vardhan.
8. RBI reconstitutes Oversight Committee; appoints three more members
- The Reserve Bank of India was established on April 1, 1935, in accordance with the provisions of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934.
- RBI was nationalized in 1949.
- Urjit Patel is the 24th Governor of RBI.
9. AMRUT Scheme: 53 New Projects for 9 Cities Approved in Odisha
- Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT)
- Launched on 24 June 2015
- Main Objective: Providing basic services (e.g. water supply, sewerage, urban transport) to households and build amenities in cities which will improve the quality of life for all, especially the poor and the disadvantaged.
10. Mizoram launches scheme for better treatment of HIV-Hit people
i. Mizoram Health Minister Lal Thanzara has launched the ‘Test and Treat Strategy’ of the Mizoram state AIDS Control Society (MSACS) to improve treatment for HIV affected people in the state.
ii. Under the ‘Test and Treat Strategy’, the HIV-affected people would be given free Anti Retrovira Therapy (ART) irrespective of the CD4 count.
- The capital of Mizoram is Aizawl.
- The CM of Mizoram is Pu Lal Thanhawla.
11. Anti-hunger activist Ankit Kawatra to be honored by Queen Elizabeth II
i. Anti-hunger activist Ankit Kawatra has been selected for prestigious Queen’s Young Leaders Award with 60 others from all 53 Commonwealth countries.
ii. He will be honored by Queen Elizabeth II at a ceremony to be held in the Buckingham Palace, UK on June 29, 2017.
- The Queen’s Young Leader Award recognizes and celebrates exceptional people aged 18-29 from across the Commonwealth countries.
Read more: http://www.bankersadda.com/2017/06/current-affairs-daily-gk-update-23rd-june-2017.html#ixzz4ku5SIOOg