1. The biggest advantage with big brands is better pay and no risks involved unlike start ups that are more prone to failing and offer lessee pay. With career at big brand you can be assured that your future holds better security and prospects that anywhere else. Your efforts at big brands are more likely to be rewarded and the extra facilities you get are an icing to the cake.
2. Start ups are quick to hire but not to forget they are quick to fire too. They do not offer the job security which comes added when you join a big brand. There is work pressure and a race to succeed and survive in start ups which makes them hire and fire according to situation.
3. Big brands are more structured and your working hours are likely to be well balanced. In start ups there are more challenging situations where working hours soon begin vanish in limits and weekends turn into working days. Every person needs a balanced life and stress beyond time can lead to lowering in performance for some.
4. In the corporate world they are likely to have experienced experts in every department. When you join a big brand, you will be able to receive proper training for the first few weeks and your amateur performance will not affect the productivity of the business giving you more time to adapt and get used to the work atmosphere.
5. In the corporate world, your field of expertise is more likely to be enhanced since you will be working with the team of similar experts who would be more experienced than you. There will be more to learn in your area of expertise unlike in start up where you are allocated different works depending on demands. Start ups have low funds and individuals are made to work the most that they could get out of them with whatever pay they are being given.
Start ups can be bliss for some while the same cannot be said about everyone. An individual must analyze what he/she wants from a job and accordingly decide between start up and big brand depending upon their personal evaluation of themself. If one thinks that he/she cannot survive under constant pressure and under expectation of being vulnerable towards different types of work, they should consider the corporate world of big brands. While others who think they thrive well under pressure and challenging situations to add to their resume, they should fearlessly go for a start up.
GD Topic for 12th A